Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Dreams of December

As I've said before, one of my talents in life is NOT sleeping. I've never been a good sleeper. When I do finally crash I sleep so soundly that I don't usually remember my dreams. However, since Derek has been out I dream about him periodically. It's usually the same dream, doorbell rings - and when I answer Derek is standing on the porch in his missionary attire, big grin on his face - just came to "grab a few things" out of his room and upon leaving gives me a big ol' hug (the best part) before running back to the airport to catch a flight back to Mexico. One time he was in goofy clothes because it was his P-day, ha ha! I have joked with him a few times about how nice it is seeing him in my dreams. A while back I downloaded a song to my ipod, I only downloaded it because it was free -- it's titled "December" by Norah Jones -- I gave it a quick listen, had a nice melody and then didn't think much more of it. So I'm lying in bed doing my not sleep thing recently and grabbed my ipod to play softly in my ears (to also drown out my husbands snoring, tee hee) -- and that song came on and I had to chuckle!

Here's some of the lyrics that make me smile: December, come to me / I hope I can see / You, not just in dreams / December won't you come / Back with snow, wind and sun / Don't say that it's done...

So I'm laying in bed listening to this and chuckling! Derek will be home in December! How ironic! It's my new theme song!!! Kind of a pretty song too, but I love a wide range of music. Here's a YouTube link to the song, hope it works!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRAs-EfkiLI&feature=related

1 comment:

Tiff said...

December will be here before you know it. Remember how every other year people sit around and say they can't believe it is Christmas already and how the year as flown by. Even though it isn't feeling that way for you on those nights, it will be here soon. I look at my own two and think of one day when they are grown and not near my and I tear up. Somehow, just by being a mother, I feel a little bit of your pain. Hang in there. He is doing good things.