Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Take That!...


"water fun" -- it was old and creeky and it was super high but was awesome fun pic of the week (Sigh, that's my son. Unlike his mom, he's never had a fear of heights!).

I had been anxiously anticipating my e-mail this week, knowing he would have instructions for the much anticipated Mother's Day phone call (yesssss!). I was sitting at my desk when I happened to see Derek's e-mail address in the little balloon thing pop up on the bottom of my screen and it said "Mom, if you're on -- I need to know when you would you like your call - Sunday night or anytime Monday." (Mother's Day in Mexico is always on the 10th, no matter what day of the week it lands). I was so happy I saw his e-mail come through so we could chat live! It's only been recently that we've been able to do that. So Sunday at 7 it is! Woo-hoo! So our chatting back and forth was short and sweet as we get to talk to him live soon right? So I said to him -- "guess what? I'm sitting at my desk eating a breakfast burrito from Beto's and it's yummy!" (haha, he loves their breakfast burritos) -- this was his reply: "I love burritos, and when I get home I will be able to order them in Spanish so they will give me a discount and more meat, so take that! ha ha" -- Hmmm, we'll see about that, but we sure love that kid! He also said he's jealous of our recent snow, and said it's in the 90's there and his nose is feeling it... Hmmm, time to send more sun screen! He's loving life still, can't wait to blog about how our phone call went.

2 comments:

Tiff said...

Seems like we get just usually get just what we need, right? Even if we don't realize it.

~vickie~ said...

Sunday will, indeed, be a happy day. We get our phone call at 3:30 unless I read differently in my Saturday email. He's hoping they have another baptism and wondered if it would be ok with us if the time was changed. Duh! We won't mind at all for a baptism.

I'm going to tape record his call. I did that at Christmas too and listen to his voice over and over again.

Happy Mothers Day Momma Reid