If any of you know Keith and I, you know one of our stronger points is patience as both of us are pretty mellow by nature. Fortunately, that's a trait we've managed to pass on to our children. When Derek was still in grade school and Blythe in Jr. High, he got the opportunity on a couple of occasions to go to
1/18/10
(Me) So - did the couple you've been working with get married so that they could get baptized?
(Elder Reid) sadly no, they had a fight and said they are not going to get married but i worked a little dr phil on them, ha ha! thank you grandma riding for liking the show so much and having to watch it with her every time I went down to mesquite and when she was in the house haha but ya they are going to get marreid this week i think for sure and then the baptism Saturday. i will let you know
1/25/10
(Me) How did things turn out with that couple?
(Elder Reid) so for the philism - well htey didnt get married, they said they had more problems and yes the adversary does not like families happy and it shows in these days. you can tell with the prophet talking more and more about families and their importance. We are still working with them and if all goes well they will get married this week and have his baptism this next Sunday so pray for me.
I am so thankful for a patient and loving family, and the example of Grandparents! They had transfers this past week but didn't move Derek or his Comp, I was so relieved. I'm glad they have the opportunity to keep working with this couple. Continue to pray for Elder Reid to be inspired in helping this couple move foward.
This is the ending of one of Derek's recent e-mails, true to form - Elder Reid and his creative writing skills!
love you guys more than all the fish in the world, all the foul in the air and the beasts and all creepy crawly things and there is a lot because God created a lot becasue God is God and he loves us like i love you! ahah -- got to love it mom! keep smiling almost one more month down -- love you tons guys ELDER REID
YEP! 11 more months! Wow, it's flying now!
1 comment:
I LOVE this post! Most of all I love my baby brother!
Post a Comment