

There is missionary news below, just had to show what my beautiful and talented daughter made me for my nook! I'm so impressed! Especially since she only recently took up sewing. She bought this super cool sewing machine and wants to take up quilting. Ummm... now wait a minute! My grandma Overson was an excellent seamstress... She could just see something she liked and would go home and sew it, no pattern needed. She made my Grandpa such nice western shirts that he wouldn't wear it unless she made it. She also made many fabulous quilts. My mom also is an excellent seamstress, as is my sister. Now, hold the fort here!!! Why did this special talent gene skip me and go straight to my daughter? ha ha. Oh well, at least I have a great appreciation for it, right? And seriously, this gene really did skip me, just ask my mom! Well, don't -- she'll give you TOOO much info! ha ha. Lets just say I barely passed my sewing class, and by sympathy from the teacher! And then there's Keith's mom -- now her stuff all LOOKS store bought! She made THE most beautiful baby quilt when Blythe was born that is such good quality it will last for generations to come. At one point, she was manufacturing baby T-shirts (I'm smiling, babies grow out of them before they wear out), but, she did work at Beehive Clothing forever, she should have impressive talents. So I guess it was destined to be Blythe... so you go girl!!! Thank you!!!! I love my nook cover (really cute materials and double lined)! Like Grandma, no pattern -- she just called and said, "hey, I think I can make a cover for that!" Sigh, soo cool! I'm really addicted to my nook! It's an e-book reader. I love to read (maybe because there's no special talent in that - tee-hee!!!). I've read six books since Christmas! My poor husband! Add a reading hobby into an already busy schedule, poor guy! The other day I downloaded the Book of Mormon onto my nook for .99 cents! That's a steel! Blythe's saving her pennies for the new Apple gizmo thing that's coming out soon. I think it's an e-book / ipod / who knows what else? I love technology! Derek's going to love it when he gets back. He's a technology nut too.
In missionary news -- Elder Reid said he hurt his foot in Monday's e-mail (2/08/10), not much explanation of what's hurt -- skin? bone? -- but sounds like he's in enough pain that he's "gimping" -- I've been praying a lot. Sure hope the news is better by next week. He said he has no idea how it happened. Hmmmm... And, sadly, the couple they have been working with did split up. I titled my e-mail to him, "Love Makes the World Go Round" -- and he added "and alcohol brings it back down" -- the couple not only split, but the man they had been working with to baptise took up drinking again. Both disappointing news, and hard life lessons. Let's pray that next week's e-mail has better news, and that his foot heals! :-(
1 comment:
Good for Blythe, I am jealous. I got a sewing machine a few years ago and have used it but don't think I could make anything that would be worth keeping! How old and out of touch am I, it took till the end of your post to figure out what a nook was!!! I am so lame. I loved Derek's letter ending in the last post- it made me laugh. It sounds just like some of the old former southern baptist testimonies we get on fast Sunday!!!! GO ELDER REID, Dr. Phil the world!!!
Post a Comment