
Derek’s birthday e-mail to his father this week: hey old man -- the half way mark has made its way into your life and now it is all downhill from here haha. i am thinking you are going to have a great 50 more years and I want you to know i will always be there for you till you die or at least at the side of the nurse that will be taking care of you and bathing you haha! j/k. it has been a great 50 years i bet and well a better 21 years with me in your life -- i know i am giving myself too much credit but you have to admit i was one of the reasons that you had such great years haha and well look, you dont have too many gray hairs so i couldnt have been too much of a hassle. the other credit has to go to mom the beautiful lady that is always there for us and for you - you are one lucky man to have mom she is a precios pearl that was buried in the bottom of the ocean in between two huge rocks gaurded by electric eels and sharks and.........how did you get so lucky to find her? haha happy big but little 50 -- you are the best dad in the world. you were always there for me – much of why i am here is because of your example and love. love you pops and i hope to have lots and lots of years with you and well for that matter i just may never leave your house, ha ha. i hope you enjoyed these two years because i will be coming home soon. love you more than words can say dad i really cant explain it.....i guess the only words that work best is I LOVE YOU ..........your son ELDER REID
Blythe’s rebuttal after reading Derek’s e-mail: What the?…. What about the most beautiful brown eyed daughter!? I have put in almost ½ of your life’s happiness!!! Doesn’t that count too? I may not be the precious guarded pearl and I may have given Dad most of his gray hairs, but I do deserve some credit ! Sheesh! :-)
Ha ha ha – love my kids! My two cents: Keith has more gray hair than Derek is remembering AND they were equally earned from BOTH kids. And for the record – Momma Reid actually has WAY more gray hair than Poppa Reid (why is that?)-- nothing a little bottle of hair dye can't cover up. So yes, my wonderful husband of 26 years doesn’t turn a half century quite yet. We are saving that special day for when Derek is home and we can all celebrate together and then they can decide once and for all, who is most responsible for the gray.
Blythe’s rebuttal after reading Derek’s e-mail: What the?…. What about the most beautiful brown eyed daughter!? I have put in almost ½ of your life’s happiness!!! Doesn’t that count too? I may not be the precious guarded pearl and I may have given Dad most of his gray hairs, but I do deserve some credit ! Sheesh! :-)
Ha ha ha – love my kids! My two cents: Keith has more gray hair than Derek is remembering AND they were equally earned from BOTH kids. And for the record – Momma Reid actually has WAY more gray hair than Poppa Reid (why is that?)-- nothing a little bottle of hair dye can't cover up. So yes, my wonderful husband of 26 years doesn’t turn a half century quite yet. We are saving that special day for when Derek is home and we can all celebrate together and then they can decide once and for all, who is most responsible for the gray.
1 comment:
This post made me laugh out loud and get teary eyed. So many children are not close to their parents. You are blessed to be close to yours. As a mother I hope to hear my children have this argument one day and I know it will come before I know where the time has gone. Happy post-poned birthday Uncle Keith. You are a great example.
Post a Comment