1. at a mall on a p-day (pretty!)
2. Derek: my spanish girlfriend, isn't she purdy? Nut :-)
3. he thought the turtle was cool
4. Derek: i'm the blue demon, or of course as a missionary - the blue saint
5. Derek and his awesome comp
6. (eating burgers) 2nd one from left, Elder Thompson from Idaho (love the funny face)
6. (eating burgers) 2nd one from left, Elder Thompson from Idaho (love the funny face)
7. Most awesome - another baptism
So the pics above are from Cabo San Lucas -- they all look so happy don't they?! I'm a little slow at posting them as a week or so ago, Derek was transferred to La Paz (still on the Baja).
However, I also wanted to share this news about his new area. On Monday Blythe called me as I was driving to work. She tells me "mom, I didn't want to worry you - but there was an earthquake in La Paz a couple of days ago. It was a pretty strong one (6.9) and I looked and looked at the news on the internet and it didn't look like it caused any serious injuries so I thought I wouldn't worry your weekend, but figured you'd probably want to ask him about it in your e-mail today." Well, bless her sweet little heart, she knows me too well, ha ha (love you Blythe!). And, no, I hadn't heard -- yes I googled the news right away -- and yes I indeed asked him about it. Here's his response...
earthquake? what earthquake? ha ha, that's what they said. it was trembling for a short time like not even anything and we were either teaching or walking when it came and i didn't feel jack (I sense he's disappointed? insert wry grin) so no, it was nothing. nothing happened at all. really little but that's all. Hmmm... well that's good news for us. Even though I think missionaries LIKE the adventures. Does make you wonder how much the news stretches things out of proportion though.
More on La Paz next week! TTFN and enjoy the pics, we sure did.
So the pics above are from Cabo San Lucas -- they all look so happy don't they?! I'm a little slow at posting them as a week or so ago, Derek was transferred to La Paz (still on the Baja).
However, I also wanted to share this news about his new area. On Monday Blythe called me as I was driving to work. She tells me "mom, I didn't want to worry you - but there was an earthquake in La Paz a couple of days ago. It was a pretty strong one (6.9) and I looked and looked at the news on the internet and it didn't look like it caused any serious injuries so I thought I wouldn't worry your weekend, but figured you'd probably want to ask him about it in your e-mail today." Well, bless her sweet little heart, she knows me too well, ha ha (love you Blythe!). And, no, I hadn't heard -- yes I googled the news right away -- and yes I indeed asked him about it. Here's his response...
earthquake? what earthquake? ha ha, that's what they said. it was trembling for a short time like not even anything and we were either teaching or walking when it came and i didn't feel jack (I sense he's disappointed? insert wry grin) so no, it was nothing. nothing happened at all. really little but that's all. Hmmm... well that's good news for us. Even though I think missionaries LIKE the adventures. Does make you wonder how much the news stretches things out of proportion though.
More on La Paz next week! TTFN and enjoy the pics, we sure did.
1 comment:
It looks like Derrick is going to need some of your good home cooking and hamburger cookies in a few months. I wish I was on his diet! LOL!
Post a Comment