1) Who needs good eyes sight? Derek informed us he gave up on his prescription contacts. During our phone call we asked if he needed more and he said "oh no, I gave up on those. Too much dust and dirt here - I was going through them way too fast." Good things his eyes aren't that bad! Note to us, he'll need an eye check-up soon after he gets home.
2) Derek promised his dad he would write in his journal every day, and he's kept that promise. He totally filled his first journal and it's written entirely in English -- so he told us his 2nd journal for year two is being written totally in Spanish. Clever!
3) He has learned the art of making tortillas and loves them! Oh, this makes Momma Reid very very happy!!!!! :-)
Here's another random video he sent home on a thumb drive at Christmas time. It's from his MTC days. Again, you can't see Derek but you can hear him laughing hysterically! I don't know who the banana eaten Elder is, but he's got quite a talent! I love how Derek tries to stifle his laugh and then just loses it... that's my boy! ha ha, love it, makes me smile every time I watch it!
No comments:
Post a Comment