Or in Spanish... "fantástico"In Derek's last e-mail we noticed he used the word "fantastic" several times. In an update we gave him on family and friends he responded with a simple "that's fantastic!" To all those who sent him valentines treats, thank you!...they were all "fantastic!" He said he spent his V day in class and studying but loved all the treats and well wishes. Included in this e-mail he wrote: "I know having the gospel in your life really puts meaning into it and helps guide you and helps direct you. And yeah, it's weird to think how close it is coming til I will be in Mexico and doing the work and trying to learn the language even more! Ha, it will be fantastic! The time is just flying by and I am just chugging along. Last night in our devotional we had M. Russell Ballard speak. He spoke about having a good attitude and having a smile on your face and how that simple thing can really show how much happiness this gospel brings. Love you tons and tons mom and dad and hope all is well there in the home front, and talk to you later. P.S., I am not praying for the snow!... Love Elder Reid" --- (since Derek loves snow and cold I have been teasing him that he needs to stop praying for the cold white stuff -- thinking this is sort of his 'ideal exit' to the heat, sun and palm trees he will soon be experiencing!) I sent another home work assignment to him, and we are anxiously waiting to hear when he will be flying out. We’ll keep you posted on what his new mailing address will be when he gets there and gets settled. TTFN!
No comments:
Post a Comment