Our kids have always loved reading, ever since they were just tiny tots. Years ago Blythe & Derek got into those Calvin & Hobbs cartoons… so we purchased a big book of C&H for them from one of those scholastic book fairs. They would both read and laugh at them for hours! I got an e-mail forwarded to me a couple of weeks ago with a bunch of Calvin & Hobbs winter jokes so I printed it and sent it in one of Derek’s packages.
We’ve all started to bug him for pictures, he said he couldn’t send any because he didn’t have any big enough envelopes. So last week I sent him BIGGER envelopes. Imagine our surprise when we received a letter with photos yesterday! We laughed… only one of him and his companion! You’ll notice from the pictures that he obviously had fun with the Calvin & Hobbs cartoons. What a nut!
This letter is mostly a bunch of thank you’s to some packages that he received from us and his sister. He also congratulates Grandma Reid on her retirement party and says "wow… she worked there a long time!" He’s sending her a letter as well. About Michelle’s baby he writes "And wow… Michelle’s baby is a big baby – is it cute or no?" Congratulations Michelle! (Yes, he’s absolutely adorable – we’ll let him know that!) He then goes on to thank his dad for eating seafood for him while we were in Mesquite "I miss that taste… I can taste it now – almost!"
He finishes with "the MTC is good, now officially speaking Spanish but slowing speaking it. Really rough still… we taught for the first time in Spanish on Wednesday, it went OK for the first time." He always ends his letters with "I know this is where I’m supposed to be. I love you all and hope to hear from you soon." Love, Elder Reid
Blythe – thank you for making this awesome blog site for us! I used to be talented on the computer, but technology has surpassed my intellect and patience level! Looks awesome doesn’t it? Steven helped her pick a design that wasn’t "girly" – love it!
1 comment:
It is so great to hear that he is doing so well! I am glad you are defending my child :) I just read the blog posts to my mom and when I asked her if she remembered the wagon or bee bee gun she commented no, but I do remember that kid could eat more pancakes than any full grown adult! Tell Derek we are proud of him and Josh assures him the language part will get a lot easier, until then he can have a few good laughs where he makes a fool of himself.
Post a Comment