So I thought I would get with the times and start a "blog" to post some things about our Missionary and his experiences. First off -- taking him to the MTC on New Year's Eve was the hardest thing I've ever done! TORTURE! I can see why they say to just drop them off at the curb and drive away! However, Derek's letters since have inspired and warmed our hearts. It's amazing how fast he's taken in the whole spirit of it all! He said "I've never prayed so much in my life! We pray for everything here!" He then goes on to give us a math figure on how many prayers are said at the MTC in one day and it was around 40,000! He said he really does feel those prayers in action... "they waste no time here, I've learned more Spanish in two days than I did the years I took it in school!" He also loves his companion, "a potato picker from Idaho, who also loves snowboarding and has a great sense of humor." We can tell from his letters that he's loving life, learning a TON and he's even writing in his journal daily! Who is this kid, and what's he done with our son?!! OK... I'll have to grab his letters and write some more of the fun stuff... Later, gotta get some shut eye! :-)
1 comment:
I just love your post about being empty nesters! Your description of the boy teenage life makes me laugh and gives me something to look forward to! Congrats again on getting him out the door to serve- what a good example he is. I am sure you are so proud. FYI I am really happy you started a blog so we can all hear and keep up on whats going on.
Love the Fullers
Post a Comment