From an e-mail a couple of weeks ago...
Me: Derek, I know this is a weird question for you to think about right now, but is there anything special you're hoping Santa brings you for Christmas?
Elder Reid: Ummm, hmmmm - no. You know me mom, I'm picky. I don't know what size I am right now and I don't know anything about the latest electronics -- how about I'm just happy to be with my family this Christmas. How's that? We'll shop later...
The next's week's e-mail...
Me: Derek, is there anything special you'd love to have for Christmas dinner that first day home?
Elder Reid: Yes, I've thought about that one. A nice juicy T-bone steak, mashed potatoes, cabbage salad, stuffed mushrooms, vanilla icecream from Costco and brownies. All the things you can't get here in Mexico. And then a couple of days later, I'll probably want Mexican food again. But that's what I want first ha ha.
Hilarious! Couldn't think of a thing he wanted for Christmas (it's OK, Santa already knows) -- but he sure knew exactly what he wants for dinner! Well Tiff, looks like we'll be getting some meat back on him in no time (tee hee).
1 comment:
That is so funny! Yet nothing beats a momma's home cooking. Sounds just like Wes every time he came home from college. You will probably be amazed at how much he eats it one sitting! With Wes I was disgusted!
Post a Comment