Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Fun in the sand in El Fuerte! And he turns 21 soon!





I'm sure with weather in the upper 90's and very humid, that water is more tempting than we realize! Missionaries can't get in the water, it's against the rules. Which is why he doesn't want us to pick him up from his mission, he says he wants to come home and go back when he can get in the water! Hey, we're good with that!
He's loving his new area, and is having much success with baptisms there. He's training a new baby, Elder Perez who is from Mexico. He said Elder Perez is already loosing weight from all the walking and the heat! I've been bugging him for a picture of the new little one. It sounds like they get along great and he was excited for him to experience his first baptism.
He has met the new Mission President and says "he's really cool!" Awesome, because the new MP had some shoes to fill I'm sure as the old MP was awesome too!
I asked him he was going to start buying a few Souveniers to bring home (he's became VERY frugel!) and he wrote back "yeah, I'm thinking about reverting back to my childhood and buying these sic cowboy boots I saw, they were super sic!" Always a TEASE! ha ha. When I read that to Keith he laughed and said, "as long as he wears socks with them!" Derek had a favorite pair of cowboy boots when he was little and he loved them because he could just slip on by himself, and with any outfit, socks or no socks. And then he'd wiggle his little toes in your nose after he took them off and say "Look, they smell like cherries!" and then he'd giggle his evil belly laugh! I have pictures of him in his shorts, boots and cowboy hat. Gotta find that soon and scan it! ha ha -- hey! He's not here to defend himself, right?! ;-)
Derek turns 21 on July 27th!!! Please please feel free to send him a Dear Elder (instructions to the right of this blog) or a card or a letter and wish him a Happy Birthday, he would LOVE IT!

No comments: