Friday, June 25, 2010

A Mother's Prayer (video clip below, please read first)

I (Momma Reid here) am a lover of music (although I can't carry a tune). When I was a little girl, and couldn't sleep I used to keep a portable radio under my pillow and would find soothing music to listen to while lulling off to sleep. Derek asked for an MP3 player a while back, and the missionary guidelines are very specific. Only spiritual and uplifting music, no romance, no rock or pop. Just Christian based, and spiritual in nature. Ah-ha, I thought, I can do that! It was fun finding an array of songs for him that weren't just Motab (Mormon Tabernacle Choir). One of the first songs I searched for and downloaded is Celine Dion's "The Prayer" with Andrea Bocelli -- if you haven't heard it, search for it -- it's stunning! I also found that Motab does a version of it as well, also very pretty. While looking for that song however, I stumbled on a slightly different version by Celine tightled 'A Mother's Prayer.' It made me cry. I immediately knew I wanted to put together this video clip in time for Blythe's birthday (however, I'm a little late). The words to the song say it all...

Although this blog is about the happenings of Elder Reid and his excursions in the Culiacan Mexico Mission -- our first born child, a beautiful daughter named Blythe (who is married and has her own blog) is also our pride and joy. Both of our children have blessed us soooo much. Happy belated birthday to our beautiful daughter, both inside and out. You have the face and heart of an angel and we love you! Thank you for being such a joy to raise! Forever and eternally yours, Mom, Dad and Derek

1 comment:

Tiff said...

What a fabulous tribute to a great girl. It brought tears to my eyes. The words to the song are so true, too.