Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Instead of counting sheep...



I should be in bed (Momma Reid talking here)... in sweet dream land. One of my talents in life is definately not sleeping. So, I've learned to roll with the punches... Read myself to sleep, listen to my ipod, anything to try and keep my mind from thinking too hard. When life gets busy... it gets worse. So, while I should be in bed counting sheep, or reading my nook -- tonight I'm staring dumbly at this little ol' laptop wondering how time raising my two cute little kidlets flew by so quickly -- and missing my son a bit. So here's another piece of Derek's letter that makes us smile... "So the other day we were teaching this girl that's 11, and there was this little boy there that was copying everything I did... so I started doing things with my hands, like the crab claws and all that. And I like filled my cheeks with air and hit them with my hands to pop them and so he does it and totally just SLAPS himself, ha ha - it was so funny! And I was teaching about Joseph Smith, and I asked the little boy "how old are you, like 19 or 20, no? no?" and he says "8! only 8!" and starts laughing so hard like a chuckle, and it reminded me of me and you mom when we would just laugh and the ones laughing so the other laughs more and more and it reminded me of us, ha ha! -- so funny this little kid!"

I can hear Derek's mischevious giggle in my head! He sent home some small video clips on a thumb drive and we were showing them to Blythe & Steven the other night. In one of the videos, a missionary at the MTC is stuffing a whole banana into his mouth and Derek, who's video'ing the event is trying so hard to stifle his laughter that he just looses it - total Derek style! Just like when he was a kid. Good times! Boy, wouldn't that be nice to get that on my ipod to listen to when I'm in my not-sleepy mode! hahaha, hmmm! ;-)

1 comment:

Steven and Blythe said...

This kid makes the hammock net look comfy! Oh how I wish I could sleep right now!