Friday, December 11, 2009

Feliz Navidad! We have so much to be thankful for!

Oh boy!... life has gotten incredibly busy! Didn't even notice until tonight that Blythe had changed the look of the blog again (thanks Blythe, you are so talented!). So... I'm not sending Christmas cards this year! Sorry, just no time for everything! Two jobs during the Holiday months is insane (plus planning of the Ward Christmas Party)! Thank goodness for my family and friends that keep me sane! I have the best husband in the world! And my son-in-law is a total crack up! Major funny thing happened tonight but we won't talk about it here. Yeah, thanks for the "save" Blythe (ha ha, insert sarcasm). By the way, Dad says it's written in the "clause" wink wink! Bow chick a wow wooah!

Elder Reid is doing awesome and I promise to post about him real soon! He got his packages (howl-lay-lu-ya!) and they will start openning their 12 days of Christmas on the 14th -- unless he pulls a Steven and rips 'em all open! I love my family! I've been experiencing a bit of an identity crisis (well, not as bad as it sounds, but lacking for words) this past year or so. As any empty nester would probably confess, you devote your whole life to your children, and one day you blink and their all grown up!... And successful and doing everything you hoped they would. But now I'm left with -- "wait, who am I now??" It's a really weird transition, but this new life I'm really starting to enjoy as well! It's a screwy world we live in ya know? But there are so many things that are right with it as well. I love my family, love my job, love our missionary, love my church, our awesome friends, and my wonderful Missionary Mom group that are so inspiring!... the good Lord and the many ways he's blessed my life! And to top it off -- Elder Reid wrote us the most endearing letter this past week. I'll try to post some of it real soon! It's true what they say about having a missionary out, the blessings pour in, and we've sure felt them. Many because he's such an obedient missionary!

Good news!!! Derek has a good friend that received a new kidney today! She's an awesome girl and has had quite the battle, but you'd never know it by meeting her! She's truly delightful and we wish her the best! Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers and we hope a speedy recovery for her and her donor (whose name is Derrick, ha ha!).

Now -- back to frantically cleaning the house! Parents will be here bright and early in the morning! Let's hope things go OK with my dad! Can't wait to see all the family!!!

1 comment:

Steven and Blythe said...

I love you Mom! Just FYI throught your identity crisis, you're my Mom and you always will be! We love you and Steven says, "Bow chick a wow wooah!"