
OK... wondering why I would post a picture of a bucket and a cup? Apparently it's Elder Reid's new shower (which cracks me up!) - he got transferred! He's now in El Potrero (I think) -- I wasn't expecting this transfer and it was late in the day and he was tired so we'll learn more next week. On Monday's e-mail (11/09/09) here's part of what he wrote: ok so there were transfers today and now i am in protrero i think haha it is another little ranch and lots of dirt and pure rides again. no more big city, i had one month in culiacan and its back to the ranch haha but so ya i am now with a new companion, Elder Alcantara. And it is another house of prayer and we are living in the house of prayer so we live in the church! so ya, it is a way little town and i am sure i will have fun with the shower beings (drum roll) there is no shower -- its a bucket of water and a cup haha, great! can't wait! and yes his baptism (referring to a 12 yr old boy they baptised last week) was great! he is way cool and he is way pumped. he swims and is way good and so he has practice on sundays with a trainer and he wanted to train before his competition and he had to be there on sunday, the day he was to get confirmed. so we told him to pray about it on friday and saturday and he said he prayed and then said "things worked out, now i don't have to go sunday so i can be confirmed" it's pure power! anyway, love you lots. sorry i am tired and its not the best email but next week -- love you tons and tons Elder Reid
From the looks of google earth, it looks like a really really small town. Which is always nice, they get to know the people well and usually have lots of success in these humble little towns. Maybe we should send him one of those little camp showers for Christmas?! Or a sponge! :-)

1 comment:
Mom, I just wanted to let you know that I love you so much! I am looking forward to time we get to spend as a family this holiday season and I am really looking forward to Derek's call on Christmas! We only have like 21 days left! Yay!
Post a Comment