Thursday, October 22, 2009

Wait, what day is it???

Me & Blythe in Mesquite last weekend, getting hugs from Grandpa before we hit the road!

Lincoln Memorial
My Bud, President Roosevelt
True to form, just seemed like the right thing to do! :-)

Sara Palin in the red hi heels, she was on our tour bus. Susan was being sneaky getting this shot! ha ha

The Wall

Derek did a report on Pres. Roosevelt so I couldn't help but feel inspired to kiss his cheek!

Susan in front of the White House. President Obama was out earlier in the day playing basketball, but we missed it!
--------------
So, I feel like I've been living out of a suit case the past few weeks! Two many adventures in a short amount of time.

First, Keith and I went to Mesquite to see my parents and take the palm that has grown so tall it no longer fits in the house. You should have seen him try to get it in the back of the truck! Lets just say he had a fight with the palm and the palm won! (drew blood - Doh!)

Then off to Washington D.C. the next week with Susan my co-worker. Fun trip! We hit the D.C. area on an evening bus tour after a business course we both attended. Sarah Palin was on our bus, no lie! ha ha, well, it was her look alike anyway. We had a blast on our little tour! Get two adventerous girls together with Dottie (Susan's trusty little GPS navigator) and the sky's the limit! And OH MY! Texas Roadhouse down there is WAY better than it is here! Huge amounts of better! Mmmmm... yum! Because we were out of towners they brought out a sampler plate before our dinner and it was to die for!

First stop on the D.C. bus tour was the White House. Now granted, they are two hours ahead of us so it was dark out -- made it really tough to get a picture to capture the beauty of if all! The weather was overcast, no wind, warm -- just gorgeous! The Washington and Lincoln Monument (the big tower thing that reflects in the water) looked just amazing! I wish we could have gotten a picture to capture how beautiful it looked! Lincoln Memorial was the last stop -- I've been there before many years ago, took me a while to find everything! We almost missed the bus! Got a little choked up by the wall. I would highly recommend a night tour, no crowds and quiet! We had a little too much fun at President Roosevelts monument! When Susan and I travel together it never fails that we get the girly giggles and just about pee our pants at some point! ha ha! We didn't get much sleep between the course, the bus tour and an o-dark thirty flight the next morning, but I've never been so proud to be an American! We have a great country!

The next weekend Blythe and I were off to Mesquite for a deer widow's weekend while Steven and Keith hunted down south (no deer luck this year, I guess Derek has to be with them). Blythe and I had a blast with my mom and sister, and teasing Grandpa while he tried to read his paper and keep up with sports and horse races on T.V. Us girls went to see Menopause the Musical in Vegas -- OH MY, great fun! And Blythe survived her first trip away from her sweetie! Well, she barely survived, haha! ;-) We had fun chatting forever in the car and dinkin around! Love U Blythe!

Then race back to work this week for huge meetings and an audit. I still have clothes all over the place, still need to finish emptying suit cases, have a few more gray hair, but lovin' life!

Best of all!!!! Elder Reid is doing soooooo well! Check back soon, I promise I'll post some of his comments from the last few weeks. He's doing so good and we are so proud of him! He's loving the big city life he's living in right now, and hasn't been sick since he's gotten there (yeah!!!). He's written some great stuff, can't wait to pull it together now that things should be slowing back down to a semi normal pace again. TTFN!

5 comments:

Steven and Blythe said...

We had a blast! Man! Love the pictures too mom! Was that really Sara Palin or was it a look alike?

Momma Reid said...

Not Sara Palin, but it sure seemed like she was trying to immitate that look!

Steven and Blythe said...

Thanks for your comment! The kids are adorable huh? I love it! I will have to show you more pictures later.

Steven and Blythe said...

I didn't like your background so I changed it. Tell me if you don't like it.

Momma Reid said...

I noticed you changed it when I was posting this last blog, I love it! Thank you!!! Looks awesome!