Saturday, June 27, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Not a recent picture, but a good one!

We spent a few days in Mesquite. I was born on Father's day so it's kind of a special celebration with me and my dad. Unfortunately dad's health hasn't been the greatest lately and he ended up in the hospital for a couple of the days we were there. He recently got a new breast implant (defibulator) inserted -- three wires now plugged into his heart in case it stops trying to beat. The incision area probably got a little infected and was causing him to run high fevers. Mom had a little minor surgery on her foot that ended up being not as minor as she thought, so we stayed an extra day -- as luck would have it, dad got released from the hospital the same day she had her toe surgery. So we got up at O-dark thirty and drove to St. George to start rounding up the patients and drove them back home and got them nestled all snug in their ryclyners! Dad looked much better, had some color again and his fever seems to be gone. I've decided the hardest part about going to Mesquite is leaving! I've been blessed with such wonderful parents, and mom's cooking is wonderful! I gain five pounds every time we visit! ha ha! We also got to see Aunt Lee and her hubby for a little bit. Her laugh never changes! She has the most wonderful laugh! It was great seeing them! Let's keep our fingers crossed that dad will continue to recover...

As for Elder Reid, he continues to do great! I'm summarizing from memory what he's written to us lately. He loves his new area. The people are very kind and humble. Only problem, they have a problem going to church. His ward is very small and he calls the church a house of prayer, I'm hoping to get a better explanation of that Monday. He wrote his dad a nice long letter for Father's day thanking him for his example. Yes, Father Reid does know best! :-) He wrote how much he appreciates his dad's obedience and example - especially in always arriving to church early! He gets the importance now of how important Sundays are, not only Sacrament, but the spirit and strength it brings in getting you through another week. It was a nice long letter, but I don't have a copy with me right now.

Here's a portion of his e-mail to me while we were in Mesquite...
hey from mexico! how is the old mesquite? ha ha, and talk about hot, this week we had to stand on the side of the highway for an hour and a half for a ride because we don't have money for buses so its stand there till someone gives you a ride and it is blazing hot out and windy here too! but its good and hard we don't have anyone that is progressing because they dont go to church, but its going and we just need to have faith and work hard but ya i am survivig being dehydrated all the time....haƱ.......but that is funny that they are both in the hospitol at the same time -- but hopfully grandpa gets better. love you and hope you had a good birthday mom and ha ha speeding tickets are not the presents you want silly! love you tons and tons and tons - love you from mexico from your only son Elder Reid

Yes, I got a speeding ticket the week of my birthday... doh! I think we have pictures coming soon, I can't wait to post them! Life has been super dooper busy lately, keeping up with two jobs is tricky! However, it's true what they say about having a missionary out, things just work out smoothly and blessings come!

No comments: